Top Thanksgiving Events in Nashville
When you think of Thanksgiving, warm thoughts of Grandma Sally’s pumpkin pie and a juicy coma-inducing turkey are sure to arise. But this year, instead of a huge sink full of dishes, perhaps you should look forward to a Thanksgiving in Nashville, Tennessee.
There’s entertainment and shopping galore for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday in Nashville. With so much to do and see, we’ve put together a list of the things you don’t want to miss.
Family Fun Holiday Events
Traditionally, Thanksgiving ushers in the Christmas season. One of the biggest events in Nashville is A Country Christmas at Gaylord Opryland. This lavish holiday display includes ICE! An indoor winter wonderland which features:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas: an interactive ice sculpture display that tells the classic story of Charlie Brown rediscovering Christmas.
- Two million pounds of colorful, hand carved ice sculptures.
- Four two-story tall ice slides.
- Snow Tubing: Extreme tubing hill covered in 1.5 million pounds of real snow.
- Breakfast with Charlie Brown and Friends featuring Peanuts themed dishes.
- Photos with Santa: Santa sits in a guitar shaped chair for a unique photo opportunity!
- Carriage Rides
- Santa’s Snow Throw
- Cookies with Mrs. Claus
- Snoopy Meet and Greet
- Christmas Fountain Shows: Synchronizes light, water, and music.
- General Jackson Showboat: Enjoy a one-of-a-kind Christmas cruise down the Cumberland River, featuring fun filled performances, chef-prepared meals, and beautiful views.
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze: A Broadway musical, death defying cirque adventure, and family fun show all in one. Performed at the Grand Ole Opry House.
- Music City Shop: Unique, authentic Nashville gifts. Free shipping online on Cyber Monday.
- Opry Mills Mall: Open 6pm – 1am on Thanksgiving Day, reopens 6am – 10pm on Black Friday.
- Small Business Saturday: Local shops feature amazing deals.
- Bongo Java
- Musicians Hall of Fame & Museum
- Oshi Flowers
- Hatch Show Print
- Barbershop Harmony Society
- Opry Originals
- Two Old Hippies
- And many more!
Nashville is better known as Music City, where there’s live music on almost every corner! Be sure to check out the Nashville Chamber Orchestra’s annual Thanksgiving celebration on Friday, November 24th and Saturday, November 25th. The Big Bang Bar features dueling pianos and will play your requests all night long with free admission on Black Friday.
Dining on Thanksgiving
For a traditional meal, try the Thanksgiving Buffet at the Commerce Street Grille or Monells. If you’re looking for a more southern country style, check out Cracker Barrell or Donelson Park Café. There’s also take out available from Honey Baked Ham, Wild Oats Market, Hog Heaven, or Jack’s BBQ.
Adventure into Nashville & Stay with Us
Experience comfort and convenience in Music City at our Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt hotel. Located in Nashville’s West End, our hotel is 20 minutes or less from all the events, restaurants, and shops you don’t want to miss this Thanksgiving Weekend. We also provide complimentary shuttle service within a 2-mile radius.
Call and book your room today!